Local Burden of Disease
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of diseases that disproportionately affect the poor.
- Determine the local burden of communicable and non-communicable diseases within your setting
- Recognize the socioeconomic determinants that shape health disparities and the local burden of disease
Provision of Care
- Identify and manage the most common medical diagnoses based on local context
- Apply the evidence-based international standards of care for the diseases affecting your population
- Demonstrate skills in adapting care to a resource-limited setting while maintaining a high quality standard
- Target interventions to address both prevention and management of the most common diseases in the local context
- Demonstrate competency in basic medical procedures, including bedside ultrasound, phlebotomy, and selected lab medicine techniques.
- Demonstrate strong culturally appropriate communication skills in interprofessional and patient interactions
Quality Care and Improvement
- Create and work effectively within interdisciplinary teams to deliver high quality health care.
- Describe the core elements of quality improvement, including the PDSA cycle and Lean approaches, and apply them in the field
- Identify the quality improvement team within your institution. If one does not exist, identify stakeholders in quality improvement
- Partner with the QI team and key stakeholders to choose priorities for quality improvement interventions
More resources here