Applications are Now Closed
Site Fellows are health workers who are currently employed by HEAL partner sites. They have spent years embedded in and working in the communities they serve and in most cases and have a deep, demonstrated commitment to to doing this work for the long haul, to their personal growth, and to this global community. Most of our site fellows are from the communities where they work. They come from a variety of occupations in health, from physicians to nurses to counselors to program managers and beyond. Site fellows complete the two year fellowship alongside working full time at their site/organization.
To become a site fellow, you must be a full-time employee at one of our partner sites. Applicants must submit an application and receive support from their supervisor.
Intensive training, curriculum delivery, and customized mentorship
Professional development package with choice of pursuing a professional degree up to $10k aligned with global health equity goals
Travel costs for all three immersive trainings
Participation in a community of health professionals committed to this work
The opportunity to complete a 1-2 week site exchange to visit another HEAL site
UCSF Library Resources
If interested, submit an application to HEAL Applications by 15 February 2021. Applications are reviewed annually and site fellows are selected by the beginning of April.
with a HEAL team member.
- Attend and participate fully in the 3 in-person, immersive trainings
- 3-week training in California (date TBD)*
- 1.5-week training (late-June 2022)
- 1.5-week training (late-June 2023
- Attend and participate fully in HEAL pod calls twice per month;
- Attend and participate fully in periodic Regional HEAL Gatherings
- Dedicate 10 hours per week to complete longitudinal curriculum activities and actively participate in the HEAL community (e.g. Journal Club, reflection assignments, blog posts, etc);
- Complete an Individual Development Plan and work to complete key objectives;
If requirements are met in the first year, then site fellows in year 2 are eligible for:
- Payment of a professional development program or degree that doesn’t interrupt your full-time employment and strengthens your career serving the underserved. (commitment of ~10 hrs per week)
- Ability to apply for a 2-week site exchange (fully funded) to another HEAL site to learn about another health equity program, in order to improve your work back at home and increase best practice sharing across the HEAL community