HEAL is a small, dynamic team of passionate global health professionals deeply dedicated to the underserved. We are currently looking for a Program Officer to join our team! Find the job description below and attached as well here. Apply by January 31st, 2018 at the UCSF Job Posting here.
Job ID: 48635BR
The HEAL Initiative focuses on realizing global health equity through training and building a transnational community of passionate health workers. We are looking for one new member to join our spirited team.
At HEAL, we believe health is achievable for even the most vulnerable populations in our world when we apply principles of equity, justice, and solidarity. We believe that people coming together can transform systems. Through the process, we also continue to be transformed. HEAL (Health, Equity, Action, and Leadership) trains, transforms, and builds a community of frontline health professionals dedicated to serving the underserved. HEAL partners with 16 health organizations across 8 countries and Navajo Nation committed to transforming the lives of the underserved. Learn more at www.HEALinitaitive.org
The UCSF HEAL Initiative is recruiting a full-time Program Officer who will be based in our team office in Oakland, California. The Program Officer will have internally and externally facing responsibilities to support the HEAL Initiative deliver on our mission. Programmatically, the Program Officer will 1) support the delivery of mentorship and curriculum to our transnational and inter-professional group of fellows and 2) contribute to our community of practice by driving either alumni activities or site exchange programming. Both areas will require a high degree of autonomy, organization, great team building skills, passion, and drive in order to design and implement these new generative areas. 3) The Program Officer will also serve as communication link with fellows- providing critical information to fellows and responding to individual queries. 4) If the skillset is available, the Program Officer will help strengthen HEAL’s M&E and program evaluation infrastructure. 5) Finally, as a member of a small collaborative team, the Program Officer will provide cross-cutting support to the Program. These include but are not limited to preparing for and attending summer intensives in the Bay Area and Navajo Nation, managing an intern, preparing logistically for internal events, etc. You will thrive in our team if you are:
- Deeply passionate about equity and justice
- Passionate about working in a transnational environment
- Comfortable working in an early stage organization
- A sense of humor and desire to work in a team
- Able to thrive both working independently and in teams:
- Very self-managed, organized, and able to work autonomously.
- Very collaborative and a strong team player.
- Looking to be in an organization for at least 2-3 years
- Experienced working with domestic underserved or international underserved
- Coming to this work either with a Master’s degree in a relevant field and 2+ years of professional experience or is coming with 5+ years on programs with international or domestic underserved.
- Experienced in monitoring and evaluation of programs and curriculum (preferred, not required)
- From an underrepresented community. HEAL believes in creating a diverse community and strongly encourages women, underrepresented minorities, first generation to college to apply.
The Program Officer will report to the Director of Strategy and Operations. Role formally employed by UCSF with all UCSF benefits etc.
This is a full-time position based out of our HEAL office in downtown Oakland.
Apply by January 31, 2018. Application can be found here.
Job ID: 48635BRFor questions about employment opportunities, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.